By Jack Jodell, March 28, 2011
JERRY CRITTER over at Critter’s Crap (http://critterscrap.blogspot.com/) sent me these 10 common sense reasons corporations are NOT people, which he got from a site called www.addictinginfo.org/. For some unknown reason, his transmission ended up in my spam folder, and I just now discovered it. SORRY FOR THE MIX-UP AND DELAY, JERRY. It’s taken me a while to lrarn all the various aspects of this new site, and I didn’t even know I HAD a spam folder! I present this here now for all to see.
ARE YOU READING, THIS, JUSTICES ROBERTS, SCALIA, THOMAS, ALITO, AND KENNEDY? You ARE the scoundrels who put forth the RIDICULOUS Citizens United decision which stated that corporations have the same rights as individuals, even though CORPORATIONS ARE NOT PEOPLE!
10. Corporations have no form of consciousness on their own.
9. Corporations can’t personally register to vote.
8. Corporations don’t need clean air to breathe.
7. Corporations don’t need clean water to drink.
6. Corporations don’t need to eat food to live.
5. Corporations can dissolve into other corporations and still stay alive.
4. Corporations are inanimate creations manipulated by outside voices.
3. Corporations don’t need to bathe regularly in order to keep a pleasing appearance and smell.
2. Corporations can be in many places at once.
1. Corporations can live forever.
As for those union-hating rednecks out there who errantly claim that “unions are more in the pockets of workers than corporations are”: get a clue, fools. Corporations don’t have their hands in their workers’ pockets ; they just prevent money from going there in the first place! This country’s middle class was CREATED in large part by the influence of labor unions, just as were taken-for-granted-now standards like overtime pay, the 40 hour work week, paid vacations, and many other benefits workers now enjoy they otherwise would not have had! The mythical “free market” had NOTHING whatsoever to do with these things. Many of its strongest proponents today would have even OPPOSED them!
Labor unions are the ANTIDOTE to corporate greed for the workers they represent, and they PROTECT their workers (and to a lesser extent, the entire public) from the ravages of this corporate greed! They must NOT be eradicated, and must NOT be shut out from making a political contribution to this country, the way certain very irresponsible, far-right and extreme Republican and Tea Party activists like Scott Walker are attempting to do. For without strong labor unions, average citizens have no say in the economic affairs of this country at all!
S I REPEAT LOUD AND CLEAR: